Who are the Vixens? We’re a group of ladies (as well as a few fellas – who we call our Mixens) that share a common interest – we love AMC’s The Walking Dead and consider ourselves solidly on Team Dixon! We’re an online community – more like a little family – who get together at comic book conventions and talk to each other daily via social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter. Our Facebook group is closed to Vixens only (you must be a Vixen to be granted access – and membership is closed for the remainder of Season 3). However, if you want to see what some of us are like before seeking membership (or you just wanna see what we’re tweeting about) you can follow the Vixens list on Twitter. If fan groups ain’t your thing, but you still want to keep up on all the Dixon news – in addition to bookmarking this site you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Tumblr, or subscribe to Dixon’s Vixens Daily.
If you need to contact any of us directly, here is our list of officers and admins…
Dixonsvixens.com exists simply for the love and the fun of it, and its existence is due to the efforts of many. This website is not-for-profit; meaning we lose – not make – money on it. We do have some Amazon Affiliate links to help us offset the costs of website hosting – if you are inclined to shop there you can help us out by clicking our merch links and shopping there. Any link we post or news item we tell you about – whether it be in the content area or in the sidebar – is a person, place or thing we have deemed awesome and worthy of sharing/promoting … simply for the love and fun of it.
This website is eco-friendly and is powered by 100% wind energy! So even if the zombie apocalypse does happen, the lights will still be on at this place. (At least we learned that much from Dr. Jenner.)
Honorable Mentions (as in: Were we ever honored to be mentioned!)…
- Thank you Carol Memmott of USA Today for interviewing one of our Vixens and mentioning this site in both the online and print versions of your article about Fan Favorite Daryl Dixon.
- Thank you Clark Collis of Entertainment Weekly for linking our site in an interview with Norman as well as mentioning and linking us in an interview with Robert Kirkman. (Holy crap! Kirkman knows about little ‘ol us?)
- Thanks to Mandi Bierly of Entertainment Weekly for linking us in the PopWatch Best of 2011: Who’s the biggest badass of the year? poll. (I’m pretty sure you know how we voted in that one.)
- Thank you Mike Ayers for mentioning (and linking!) us in your interview with Norman for Esquire.
- Thank you to Susan Karlin for linking us in a Michael Rooker interview in the LA Times and also in an article on Mike in Fast Company.
- Thank you to the good folks at AMC for giving this site shout-outs on Facebook and Twitter. You flooded our servers with fan love for the Dixons, and we will be forever grateful for it!
- Chris Hardwick - it is safe to say you gave us all nerdgasms when you spoke our little group’s name on your show, The Talking Dead. Thank you.
We wanna thank you… Without the support and love from (and for) the following people the Dixon’s Vixens simply would not exist.
- The amazing Wendy Shepherd. If it weren’t for you, we wouldn’t know anything. Props for keeping the fan base so fully informed.
- The guys of The Walking Dead TV Podcast, Dead Dave’s Radio, and Delamorte’s Dungeon. Thanks for continually plugging us. Wait. Poor choice of words? You know what we mean.
- Everyone at the Zombie Survival Crew. Honestly? We didn’t even know what a “go bag” was until we met you guys.
- The group that is the Murphy and Connor to our Daryl and Merle (Does that mean Connor is the older twin?) the Boondock Betties. Although some grossly misinformed folks have said otherwise – the truth is we love you ladies! (We’re still going to Jello wrestle at cons tho, right?)
- A special thank you to everyone at AMC for their continued support of our Dixon addiction.
- And although it goes without saying (but we’ll say it anyway) thank you Norman and Michael for not only embracing our little group, but for being so gracious to us. We love you!